What if a blow dryer can dry your hair within just a few minutes irrespective of your hair type? Even better, what if it can eliminate frizz, make hair more shiny and smooth without doing any damages? The good news is there is plenty of them but the bad news is only a few can do such magic. Based on popularity & verified users’ recommendation, I have shortlisted a few of them. I believe at the end of the article, you will find the best hair dryer for curly hair and fine hair as well.
Recommended 3 Best Hair Dryer For Curly Hair
Before you dive into the more in-depth review sections, have a look at the comparative table. All of the 3 are great for your curly hair or any other styles. Highly recommended by thousands of hundreds of ladies as well.
9 Popular Hair Dryer For Curly Hair & Fine Hair
All the models reviewed below is perfectly suitable for both thick curly and natural fine hair. All you need to do is to set the adjustment as per your hair type.
BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme
Alright, this one has come first in my reviews. The reason it comes first and to me just like more than thousands of happy ladies, it is the top-rated BaByliss model. Why? Because it has the most powerful 2000 watt capacity which is almost rare in most other models.
Not just for curling hair only, to ladies with fine hair, it is the top-quality one for fine hair as well. Why? Even though it has the strongest power which you have never experienced before, there is a low and high feature to control the airspeed.
If you have never used BaBylissPRO Xtreme before, be prepared to get the next level of experience in blow-drying. The ceramic technology produces extra gentle far-infrared heat to protect your hair from damage, even though it can produce an extreme level of heat. Because of its long life professional AC motor and rubberized soft-touch housing, it will serve you for many years to come.
Used by professional hairstylists and I believe you have seen it in various saloons, right? People who run such salon call it the most recommended professional hairdryer too. Let me explain why?
If you let it, it will blow dry your hair around like crazy. So, unless you want to make your hair twirl around and get tangled, you should learn how to control the nozzle in your optimal direction. As I said before, it’s so powerful that you have never experienced before. A true blessing for long thick hair.
But if you have thin fine hair, you have nothing to worry about as well. The airspeed is fully controllable and the heating temperature is controllable up to 3 levels of cool, warm, and hot. There is a ‘cool shot’ button as well which is great to make your hair completely dry before you are done. Because of this cool shot button, the air that it blows out becomes really cool within seconds.
Some said it not only just dry your hair in seconds, it actually straightens your hair as well. And if you want to use any diffuser with it, try to buy a universal one like Conair Pro Diffuser. It doesn’t have the popping off issue.
More Features & Pros of BaBylissPRO Ceramic Xtreme
- The dimension is 12 X 4 X 11 inches with a weight of 1 pound.
- 110V supported model. So, anywhere in the U.S.A, it will work. Most powerful 2000 watts model as well.
- It comes with an attachable concentrator in the front.
- 9-foot long heavy duty cord.
- Make less noise than most other models.
- Supports any universal diffuser.
- So that it never gets overheat, it has a removable lint filter.
- My recommended model for curly and fine hair.
Cons of BaBylissPRO Ceramic Xtreme
- Not so great for the anti-frizz issue.
- For some, it may feel heavy.
- Not travel-friendly, because of it’s size, weight, and not being dual voltage supported.
BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 3000
You can continue doing your research to find out the perfect one, but seriously speaking, there is no need if you have long thick wavy hair. At least, that’s what thousands of happy women think. To them, this titanium made super powerful blow dryer is definitely one of the most popular BaByliss model. It comes with a concentrator attachment and when used with a round brush, it is really useful for concentrated styling.
When you dig down a little bit more to know about this one, you will see that many women are talking about its incredible ions. And that is absolutely true! If you have type 2b frizzy wavy hair, try this for an incredible result. You should get a diffuser with it for precise styling. Most ladies recommended using “BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Universal Finger Diffuser” with it. Trust me; it’s going to do a big difference for your hair.
There are 3 temperature settings like Hot, Warm, and Cool. Also, it has 3-speed settings (if you consider the OFF button of them) and a Cool Shot button. The highest temperature makes it super hot and takes some time to cool down. But if you set the speed at its highest level, I would not say it’s the strongest speed but definitely more than enough for any hair types.
It will cut down the drying time by half and within just 10 to 15 minutes, you will have smooth shiny dry hair even if you have thick long wavy hair. But what about fine hair? Irrespective of the weather you are living in and if you have fine hair, you should have smooth hair with fewer flyaways. Fast-drying without damaging is confirmed by ladies of both hair types.
I put this titanium made BaBylissPRO Tourmaline in the 2nd place of hair dryer reviews because of its tremendous popularity among ladies. Yes, it’s going to cost you a little extra than some random drugstore models, but it will pay off in the long run.
More Features & Pros of BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium
- The dimension is 8.5 X 3.5 X 11.2 inches with a weight of little above 1.5 pounds. 110V electricity supported with is pretty common in the U.S.A.
- 9-foot long cord so that you get a lot of movement while blow-drying.
- The sound is somewhat loud but soothing. Not some high pitched whine sound that will create a headache for you.
- Is it good for professional use? I can’t say for sure, but during my research & digging deep down more information, I have found out some hairstylists said that it’s another great professional hairdryer.
Cons of BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium
- Button placement is not user-friendly. New users may accidentally shut it off more often.
- Not dual voltage supported. So, not travel-friendly as well if you are planning for a foreign trip.
- Relatively heavy.
RUSK Engineering W8less Professional 2000 Watt
Let me put it this way. It’s not the best hair dryer for curly hair on the planet, but it does the same job that expensive model does. This is how some users explained it. It is much more lightweight than I have previously reviewed above.
And a powerful 2000 watt dryer infused with ceramic and tourmaline. I believe you need to know what ceramic and tourmaline can do for your thick or fine hair. The combination of both ceramic and tourmaline is pretty much rare in most other models. The ceramic basically emits more gentle and non-damaging heat to your hair and dries them faster.
Whereas, the job of tourmaline is to emit far-infrared heat and negative ions for a shiny and anti-frizz while hair drying. The ion infrared helps to dry your hair from inside out by penetrating the outer cuticle of your hair without causing any damage. So, the end result of both ceramic and tourmaline is that your hair gets dried in a short time and eliminates static and frizz at the same time.
A lot of women with fragile fine hair have confirmed the fact that it was even great for them as well because of its balanced heat. They did not have any frizz or hair breakage issues. Besides, it has 7 heat and speed settings. So, you can always adjust its heat and airspeed that works for your fine hair. To lots of women, it’s another perfect hair drying for fine hair.
Yes, it does come with a concentrator nozzle and you can use any standard size diffuser with it as well. To avoid any frustration, you should try Bio Ionic Universal Diffuser. It’s recommended by a lot of ladies too.
Moreover, to make the cleaning process of it much easier for you, there is a removable rear filter. Overall, what I can tell you that RUSK is pretty effective for difficult to dry thick coarse hair. It can work like a charm for fine hair as well upon mid/lower heat/speed settings.
More Features of RUSK W8less Watt
- The dimension is 4.5 X 10.3 X 10.5 inches with a weight of fewer than 1 pounds. Suitable for only 110V electricity.
- Powerful and long-lasting AC motor.
- Soothing sound and quieter than a cheap drugstore model.
- Significant reduction in drying time due to infrared heat.
- Sleek looking and compact in size.
- Cool Shot Button.
- 8-foot long cord.
- Long-lasting performance. Many are using it for so many years.
- Lightweight than BaByliss PRO models.
Cons of RUSK W8less Watt
- Incidents of overheating.
- Some found burnt smell as well.
Here come another BaByliss reviews. This time it is a titanium-made and loved highly by more than thousands of women. Because of its 6 heat and airspeed settings, removable filter for cleaning purpose, and lightweight, it is considered to be another BaByliss popular model. Powerful wind speed like you have never experienced before (2000 watts) makes it second to none for thick long hair.
But since it has 6 heat and airspeed adjustable settings, it is confirmed by lots of women with fine hair that the BaBylissPRO nano model is also the top-rated model for fine hair as well. It’s been lab-tested and tested by volunteer users (straight and curly hairs) as well. The result?
The result is great. They have loved the comfortable handle, the heat that dries hair quickly, and it’s powerful wind flow. Another confusing result was revealed from that test. Though it weighs 1.8 pounds, the maximum of the volunteer described it as lightweight.
During the test, it stayed cool, meaning no issue of finger or scalp burning. Later it was introduced commercially in the market. Along with it, as a bonus, you will get 3 concentrators and a diffuser which has made it the highly desirable model with diffuser & concentrator as well.
Most ladies have confirmed that it dries hair in no time and gives tremendous volume. The low, medium and high settings with the ‘Cool Shot’ button will give you the option to have the right temperature and speed. People with thin dry hair loves it which also controls frizz as well. Here is a hairstylist talking about it.
More Features & Pros Of BaBylissPRO Nano
- It has a dimension of 8.5 X 3.5 X 10 inches with a weight of 1.8 pounds. It supports of 110V of electricity which is available in the U.S.A.
- Verified to be much quieter than it’s counterpart models.
- Constant smooth air flow.
- Distributes heat evenly.
- When at the highest setting, it is the hottest one. Even the thickest hair dries faster than ever.
Cons Of BaBylissPRO Nano
- The attachment got hot and falls off sometimes.
- Being not dual voltage supported, it is not suitable for traveling abroad. Works perfectly in Mexico in addition to the U.S.A. though.
In addition to BaBylissPRO, there are some very few brands that are delivering some cool models and diffuser for curly hair as well. Revlon Infrared is one of them. With a greatly powerful AC motor (1875 watt), and as it comes with a volumizing finger diffuser & concentrator, the day by day increasing popularity is really envious.
As you have guessed right, it comes with the infrared heat technology so that you have the maximum shine, softness, and controls. While delivering the maximum shine to your hair, it helps to prevent overheating by maintaining the natural moisture of the hair.
That’s not all….
To enhances the shine and reduces frizz, it also comes with tourmaline ionic technology. So, if you are wondering whether it would be any good for thick long coarse hair, I would definitely say, Yes! Not just me, it is a confirmed & verified fact by lots of ladies who have already used Revlon.
Then how about fine hair? Well, Revlon has 3 layers of ceramic coating for less damage. And it has 2 heat and 2-speed settings with a cool shot button. Also, a lot of ladies with thin fine hair have confirmed that they are happy with it and consider it as another top-quality model for fine hair.
Ohh… I forgot to mention, it does come with a concentrator as well. So, with the diffuser & concentrator, you should have the precision for beautiful hairstyles. And both of them just snap on.
Users who have been using it for a pretty long time said that instead of buying a really expensive one, they have made the right choice buying Revlon.
More Features & Pros of Revlon
- It has a dimension of 4.5 X 11.7 X 9.9 inches with a weight of 2 pounds. Supports 110V of electricity which is perfect for the U.S.A.
- 60 inches long professional salon grade cord.
- If you want to know about its nozzle size, the diameter of the nozzle is a little over 1.75 inches.
- Truly the most competitive price for one of the top-quality professional hairdryer.
- Visually appealing design.
- Proven to take less time drying hair. Also, it dries hair faster without being hot.
- If you have wavy hair, you gonna love the diffuser. Also, for thick curly hair, it’s a top-notch model.
Cons of Revlon
- Not so lightweight.
- Not travel-friendly if you plan to go abroad.
- Some did not like the placement of the button.
MHU Professional Ionic
How about something at a reasonable price yet offers everything like a diffuser & concentrator? How about a blow dryer that is so powerful with adjustable settings and works for every hair type? Yes, this is what MHU offers. It’s a salon-grade one and to a countless number of happy ladies, it’s another great model for curly hair. And since it has it has 2 speed and 3 heat settings, it’s another high-quality one for fine hair as well.
Because of its powerful 1875 watt AC motor (proven to be durable than DC motor), it creates less noise and vibration. Heat is produced by far infrared technology and there is negative ion technology as well. End result?
Your hair dries faster while eliminating frizz. That way your hair won’t get damaged as well. To help you speed up drying, adding more volume, and minimizing frizz, the absolutely free concentrator and the diffuser will help you a lot.
MHU targets the professional as well. There is a 9 feet long heatproof cord and there is a professional hook for easy storage as well. In fact, a lot of salon owner verified that it’s another perfect professional one. There are more reasons why it is preferred by professionals and women at home.
It can dry hair in just 5 minutes! And it comes with a removable lint filter. Now, it’s so helpful to clean it and that ultimately extends its life. And how about a cool shot button? It does the trick speeding up the hairstyling by releasing cool air to lock-in the moisture.
Having this professional-grade model can be one of the wisest decisions you have ever made!
More Features & Pros of MHU Ionic
- The dimension is 3.9 X 3.4 X 2.2 inches with a weight of 14.1 ounces. Supports 110V to 120V of electricity. Perfectly suitable for use in the U.S.A.
- Comes with a mini version.
- Pure black color.
- Great model with diffuser & concentrator.
- Probably the lowest noise-producing model without sacrificing airflow on the planet.
- Multiple settings make it the perfect blow dryer for all hair types in all seasons.
- Proven to be sturdy and long-lasting.
- Unbeatable price for such a versatile one.
- Dries long thick hair in the shortest time. Also, perfect for short thin fine hair.
- Incredible design. Don’t you just love it looking at it?
- Awesome after-sales service.
Cons of MHU Ionic
- A Little bit heavier.
- Very few reported that it stopped working after a while. Just contact the company, and they will take care of it.
BERTA Professional Negative
In total, I am going to review 2 of Berta’s most popular models. Both of them are considered to be a top-rated model for curly hair and fine hair. First, let’s talk about Berta (Model No. 104AII). It’s most popular than the other one which I am going to review later.
Berta is used by the hair salon, and it is suitable for home as well. It has everything that a professional model should have. Besides, just by looking at its nice matte and smooth texture on the outside, it looks nice and expensive.
Now, let’s get to the main point. Will it be perfect for thick long curly hair? Yes, absolutely and there is no doubt about it. The infrared heat technology with 1875 watts should be more than enough power for any thick long hair. And the time is taken to dry thick hair significantly short. Many have reported that 5 minutes is all it took to dry their thick hair. But, what about thin fine hair?
There are 2 speed and 3 heat temperature settings so that a professional salon can use it for versatile styling and for any hair type. Besides, there is a Cool Shot button to lock-in easily. A lot of happy ladies with thin fine hair have confirmed that it worked great. So, yes it’s another great one for fine hair.
I personally like the fact that it has a powerful AC motor with a prolonged life to perform. The company claims that it has 4 times more life expectancy than traditional AC motor. Well, I am not so sure about that, but what I can tell you that a lot of women are using it for years without any trouble.
For your own security, there is an ALCI safety plug. There is a test button as well so that you can check and you should check whether the operation is okay before each time usage. The removable filter will facilitate to clean up the dryer timely. For convenient usage, the portable hanging loop will help much to store it easily.
More Features & Pros of Berta Professional
- The dimension is 10.5 X 2.5 X 8.2 inches with a weight of 1.6 pounds. 110V to 125V electricity supported which is ideal in the U.S.A.
- The power salon cord has a length of 2.65 meters.
- Comes with a concentrator.
- Infrared ionic model for a quick blow-dry.
- Tremendous cut in hair drying time.
- No overheating and hurting the scalp issue.
- Elegant Outlook!
- Rubberized soft-touch finish, good for good grip and movement while styling.
- Less static shiny, soft, and healthy hair.
- Huge recommendations from experienced users.
- A lot of African American ladies with thick curly hair have confirmed that it’s another dream affordable model.
- Negative ions and far-infrared heat functionality give you a protective barrier to reduce chemical and bacteria to grow.
- Awesome after-sales service from Berta.
Cons of Berta Professional
- Does not come with a diffuser.
- Not so lightweight.
- Not dual voltage, so no travel-friendly if you plant to go abroad.
JINRI 1875w Professional
In these reviews, JINRI professional has made its inclusion because of its growing popularity. Very few brands are doing great in competition with BaBylissPRO. JINRI is one of them. Complains against it is so minimal and its higher appreciation is really envious.
Being one of the perfect professional models, it is widely used by hairstylists. It’s a complete package and once you have it, you don’t need to buy anything else like a diffuser to make it fully functional. Yes, it comes with everything like a concentrator and diffuser.
You already have seen it right? Very few model comes with a diffuser. But a diffuser is a must if you have wavy or curly hair, right?
It has a professional very long-life AC motor (1875 watt) that can create the strongest wind to dry your hair within just a few minutes. And it does that without creating much noise. To protect your hair from heat damage, it comes with negative ions and far-infrared functions that can smooth hair by locking in moisture efficiently. In addition, to make your hair silky smooth, it eliminates frizz as well.
There are 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings with a cool shot button. The adjustable temperature and speed are good for drying and styling various hair types. It can actually save your hair from heat damage. You should use lower settings to style your hair and higher settings only to blow dry hair faster.
The cool shot button provides a robust amount of cool air so that your stylish hair look can hold all day long. Besides, you can use the concentrator and diffuser that comes with it to style your hair as precisely as you can. So, yes JINRI is not only another model with diffuser for curly hair but also another highly recommended one for fine hair.
More Features & Pros of JINRI
- The plastic made model has a weight of 1.76 pounds without any attachments. Supports 110V to 125V electricity.
- Pure black in color.
- 9 feet long professional power cord.
- Hanging loop for easy storage.
- Removable air filter for easy cleaning.
- Met ETL safety standards.
- ALCI safety plug for better safety.
- Perfect for natural hair, color-treated hair.
- Proven to be long-lasting.
- Salon recommended.
- Hair sucking in the back is not possible.
- 5 inches wide diffuser.
- All the buttons switch back and forth so quickly.
Cons of JINRI
- Heavy! It takes less time to dry, so should not be a bigger issue for you.
- Button placement is somewhat not appropriate for new users.
Xtava Ceramic with Nozzle Diffuser Attachment
I have put this in my blow dryer reviews because of its smartness. It has some innovative settings which are pretty rare in most of their counterparts. You know about the ‘Cool Shot’ button, right? The most annoying part of a cool shot button is that you have to continuously keep pressing it to release cool air.
Well, this is not the case for Xtava. Just press it once; it will continue providing cool blasts of air. Now, if you need hot air again, just press the same button. But the smartness does not end here…
There is a switch marked “P” or perfect hair setting. For your daily styling without damaging hair, just switch this button to get the turbo speed and medium heat. Because of its dual ion settings, you can have any style you want. If you want a sleek and silky blowout, just switch the ion setting to 2. But if you need more texture and volume, just switch down to 0.
If you have super thick curly hair, it should be a blessing for you. Women with such hairstyles have confirmed that it can make the curl shiny & beautiful and definitely it cuts down the frizz. A huge time saver for curly hair. Definitely, another great one and diffuser for curly hair. To make it even better, it comes with a diffuser for your curly hair.
Because of its 2 heat settings & 3-speed settings, it is perfect for all hair types. If you have thick, long, or coarse hair, choose high heat. But if you have thin, short, or fragile hair, use low heat. Use the concentrator that comes free for precise styling.
I should have mentioned it in the very first that they call it a double shine ionic one because it can emit 2X more ions so that you can have the glossiest & silkiest hair within few minutes. The ceramic made model has already won the hearts of lots of women with fine hair. To them, it’s a great model for fine hair.
Features & Pros of Xtava
- The dimension is 8.7 X 3.5 X 3.4 inches with a weight of 1.6 pounds. Perfect for 110V to 125V electricity supply which is pretty common in the U.S.A.
- 5 feet & 9 inches long salon-grade power cord.
- 1800 watts powerful AC motor.
- Totally rugged. So, there won’t be any accidental dropping off.
- Proven to be long-lasting in comparison with other normal models.
- It itself looks gorgeous and well built.
- If you use the cool shot button, you need to switch it off to get hot air again.
- Perfect for African American hair.
- Huge recommendations and high appreciation for hairstylists.
Cons of Xtava
- To some, it’s noisy.
- In a few cases, it stopped working suddenly only after few days.
Professional Hair Dryer Buying Guide
- If you have thick wavy hair like mine, pick the one with powerful long-lasting AC motor (1875 watt or more). If it comes with a diffuser, even better!
- Seriously, fine hair or thick curly hair, does not matter. Just make sure it has adjustable speed and temperature settings with a ‘Cool Shot’ button.
- A long power cord is desirable.
- Get the one that makes less noise and vibration and the handle does not get hot.
- Trust users recommendations. Read as many reviews as you can.
- Pro Tips: Don’t forget to use a good quality heat protector before using it.
Final Words On Hair Dryer Reviews
Well, we are at the end of the article. I have tried to cover everything I could. I tried to be as much unbiased as possible. Hope you can get the best hair dryer for curly hair or fine hair from the above. If you need to know anything more, just let me know in the comment box.
Also, consider reading Elchim Hair Dryer Reviews. I think you will find it helpful to get a perfect one.