Our hair becomes dull due to many reasons like using excessive heat styling with the flat iron, environmental pollution, or simply our negligence to hair care. Also, if you color your hair often, pretty soon your hair will become less vibrant and eventually become lifeless.
We love to see those glossy hairs on models we see in the magazine and have a dream to have this, right? Well if you go to a salon to have a hair glossing treatment, they will charge you around $50 or more.
But with the quarter of that cost, we can achieve the same result at home. I must be frank if you have curly hair; it’s a little bit difficult to do hair gloss at home. But if you have straight hair, you are in luck to do it at home without much difficulty.
Most people get confused with hair glossing and hair glazing. Even some hair product companies use the two terms interchangeably. Well, there are some distinctions between hair glossing and hair glaze.
Difference between Hair Glossing & Hair Glazing
- By closing the cuticles of your hair, hair glossing works from within your hair and goes into the hair shaft. Whereas hair glazes only give your hair a shine by coating your hair.
- Hair gloss may change your hair color by a whole shade or two, but hair glaze may give you a semi-permanent color.
- Hair gloss lasts longer than hair glaze.
Why You Need A Hair Gloss Treatment?
- Hair gloss treatment helps you to maintain your hair color and gradually improves it.
- Gives a refreshing look at the faded length and the ends of your hair.
- It will gradually darken/deepen your hair color.
- If your hair looks brassy, it will correct the yellow and red tones.
- Above all, it will add more shine and smoothness to your hair.
How to Do a Hair Glossing Treatment At Home?
It’s a multi-step process and involves buying hair gloss from a branded company. Follow the step by step process to do it at home:
- Prior to the glossing hair treatment, you must shampoo your hair to remove all other products from your hair (if any). Also, it will remove all the buildup from your hair as well. Don’t use any clarifying shampoo; use your regular shampoo only.
- Mix up the hair glossing treatment you bought from the market. Make sure to put gloves on your hands to protect them. Mix the hair gloss treatment from any branded hair gloss and color infuser in hair color bottle. The amount will depend on the length of your hair. More lengthy hair means you need more hair glossing treatment.
- It’s time to apply the glossing treatment to your hair. Apply that way so that every strand of your hair gets saturated. When you are done applying the treatment, using a plastic cap, cover your head.
- Now you should wait. Wait for up to 20 to 30 minutes to allow the treatment processing your hair. During this time if you want to do any facial treatment, you can do it as well to save your time.
- After the treatment is completely processed, rinse the treatment out with cool water. Do not use any shampoo this time.
- It’s time to go for the deep conditioning. Leave the deep conditioner for at least 30 minutes. Rinse the conditioner out and style your hair.
- This is not a permanent solution. To keep your hair always shiny, keep doing this treatment every 4 to 6 weeks.
I just described the most common way to hair glossing at home. But there are several ways to increase the shine of your hair. I will talk about them now.
Other Shortcut Ways to Do Hair Glossing Treatment
Without buying the hair gloss from the market, you can increase the shine your hair using just some natural ingredients that are available in your home. Let’s check them out:
The Honey Treatment
Honey can make your hair shiny if you know how to use it. With a half liter of water, mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of pure honey in a small bowl. Apply the mixture to your hair with the shower cap on. Wait for up to 30 minutes and then rinse it out. You will notice significant shine in your hair.
Egg Shampoo Blend
Beat an egg in a small bowl and mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, liquid vegetable oil-based soap, and olive oil. To dilute it, add a cup of water and 3 to 5 drops of your favorite essential oil and make a blend.
Apply the blend to your dry hair. After waiting for half an hour, wash it off with cool water. Air dries it and there will be noticeable shine!
Orange & Coconut Solution
Make the juice of a lemon and half of an orange in a small bowl. Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the juice. Mix 2 tablespoons of extract from green tea leaves. You should allow the mixture at least 60 minutes as a rest. Then apply the mixture to your hair and wash it off after 20 minutes. And you’re done! Enjoy your shiny hair.
Wrapping It Up
Hair glossing treatment is not as hard as it may sound, right. I believe now you have understood how some girls have so much shiny hair. You can do it too applying the above-mentioned methods. Let me know if you need to know anything more about this in the comment box.