Women have been straightening their hair long before the invention of the flat iron. It’s true that not all hair types can achieve the goal of straightening hair without a flat iron like thick curly hair, but for naturally wavy medium to fine hair – it is possible. Whenever your hairs get in touch with heat, there will be some damage to our hair even if you use a heat tamer serum.
Most of the ladies believe that without the heat, it’s impossible to straighten your hair. Well, they are not 100$ right. In today’s guide, I will show you how to straighten hair without the flat iron. At the end of the step by step guide, I will show other means to straighten hair briefly as well.
Items Needed To Straighten Hair without Flat Iron
Since we are not using any kind of heat or flat iron, surely we will need some other stuff to straighten hair. Gather the following items:
- Straightening shampoo and conditioner.
- Ultra absorbent towel.
- Anti-frizz and anti-humidity serum and hairspray.
- Wide tooth comb.
- Self-adhesive rollers.
- Some hair clips.
Step By Step Guide To Straighten Hair without Flat Iron
This is a multi-step process of straightening hair without flat iron that women have been doing for years. It’s a widely popular technique for women who don’t like the heat to touch their hair. Follow these steps:
- The first step is to wash your hair using any good-quality straightening shampoo. Then rinse it out properly. While buying the shampoo, make sure it is containing argan oil and keratin. Only this type of shampoo can make hair smoother and strengthen your hair’s cuticle.
- It’s time for deep conditioning your hair. From the roots of your hair to the tips, apply the deep conditioner and wait for up to 5 minutes before rinsing it out. Considering the area you are living, to block the humidity apply an oil-based product as well.
- Now it’s time to dry your hair. Use the ultra absorbent towel to squeeze the end of your hair to dry the hair. Using the towel has an advantage over blow drying. Without causing any dryness to your hair, it will remove the excess moisture from your hair.
- You need to use the anti-frizz serum now. From the mid-ends to the end of your hair, apply the anti-frizz serum.
- Take the wide tooth comb. From the roots of your hair to the tips, comb your hair gently to distribute the product evenly. Very important!
- Then make a 2-inches section of your hair. Now, place the self-adhesive roller underneath the section and roll it up to your scalp. If you need the best smoothing, you need to go for the 2 or 3 inches roller.
- If deems fit, use the hair clip to secure the roller to your head. You need to do this if you have a thicker hair type.
- Just like making the 2-inches section, roll all of your hair using the rollers.
- To lockout the frizz completely, all the moistures from your hair must be removed. So, air dries your hair completely.
- Once you notice the hair is dry, remove the rollers. Take a natural bristle brush to gently brush your hair so that your hair becomes smooth and shiny.
- As the last step, you need to seal the style. So you must coat your hair from the roots of your hair to the tips. To do this, hold a can of anti-humidity hairspray almost 10 inches away from your head. And you are done straightening your hair without the flat iron!
Other Ways to Straighten Hair without Flat Iron
Long before the invention of heat styling, women have been taking several measures to straighten their hair. Here are some that you can follow as well:
- Keep Brushing Your Wet Hair: This is the easiest way to straightening your hair without any flat iron. After washing your hair, let it air-dry. You can do this in front of a fan. That way it will be much faster. The most important step in this process is keeping brushing while you air dry your hair. Take five minutes intervals then again keep brushing.
- Blow Dryer in Cold Settings: You can achieve your straighten hair using your blow dryer in cold settings as well. Take the help of your hairbrush and your fingers to help to straighten your hair while blow drying your hair. When you notice that your hair is completely dry, use the coconut oil to relax the cuticle of the hair and eliminate the frizz.
- Natural Solutions: You can use natural ingredients like honey, milk, egg etc to straighten your hair as well. The method to work, take one cup of milk or coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix it. Apply the solution to your hair & scalp and let it soak completely. Wait for one hour before washing them out. After air dry, brush your hair gently. Apply a few drops of sweet almond or coconut oil to tame the frizz and smooth your hair.
- Straightening Hair With Rubber Bands: Depending on your hair length, you may need 20 to 30 rubber bands. Wash your hair and towel dry it. Your hair should be damp not dripping. Then divide your hair into two ponytails on both sides of your head. Use a comb to detangle your hair if there is any. Secure each of the ponytails using the rubber band. Your ponytails should be low and loose. Keeping about a 1-inch gap, secure each of the ponytails using rest of the rubber bands. You need to wait for several hours or go for the overnight sleep. When you are sure your hair is dry, remove each of these rubber bands and you should have straightened hair!
Today you have learned several techniques to straighten your hair without the flat iron. These are most followed techniques used by women who don’t like the heat damage. Try these techniques one by one and check which one works best for you. If you like to add more techniques to this article