Healthy eating or more clearly, well-balanced diet that includes protein – helps our body to grow keratin. That’s how our hair gets essential protein. Foods like fish and all the sea fishes contain fatty acids, vitamin B3, iron, zinc etc. That’s all are beneficial for hair growth.
But it’s so difficult to maintain such a well-balanced diet always. That’s why topical protein treatment is sometimes necessary. But, you need to first identify whether your hair needs a topical homemade protein treatment or not.
When Your Hair Need Protein Treatment?
As I said above, you need to first identify whether your hair needs the protein treatment or not. The following signs will tell you whether your hair is lack of sufficient protein:
- Gaps & Tears In Hair Strands: When your hair lacks much-needed proteins, there will be tears and gaps in the strands. That’s why your hair will absorb extra water which will lead to frizz and tangled hair. With frizz and tangled hair, you can’t flat iron or curl your hair. To fix those tears and fill the gaps, you need a protein treatment for your hair.
- No Elasticity: Without elasticity in your hair, you can’t curl or give any style to your hair. No elasticity means your hair is lacking protein. To understand whether your hair has elasticity, take a strand that is still attached to your hair and wet it. After you have wet it, try to stretch it and release immediately. If the strand goes back to the original state and position, your hair has sufficient elasticity. If it does not return to previous position or breaks, your hair needs protein treatment to increase the elasticity.
- Thin & Stiff Hair: In a normal state, your hair should look healthy, full & durable. But when hair lacks protein, your hair becomes stringy or limp. Your hair starts to dangle. Adding protein to your hair back will restore the normal state of your hair.
- Sticky Hair: When the internal support system of your hair is damaged, there will be a gummy, sticky, or odd feeling in your hair when you touch it. Usually, if your hair goes through too much chemical processing, it will happen. Only a protein treatment can restore your hair back to its healthy state.
- Hair Coloring: Adding color to the hair can change the texture of your hair and doing it too often will break the bonds of the hair. There will be too much-split ends and naturally some damage to your hair. To get back to the normal state of your hair, a protein treatment is a must.
How To Do Protein Treatment At Home?
Now that you have understood that your hair needs a keratin protein treatment, let’s learn how to do it. There are two ways you can do it. One, you go the hair specialist and do it from him. Or, you can do it at home following my guide. In this article, I will show you 2 methods of how to do it at home. Just follow the following procedure.
Method 1: You need 3 bananas, honey, and coconut oil. Chop the bananas and drop them in the blender. Mix 2 tablespoon of pure honey and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the blender. Run the blender and make the paste.
Now that the paste is ready, it’s time to apply it. Make sections of your hair and begin applying the paste from the root to the tips. Massage your scalp with the paste as well. Wait for up to 30 minutes to finish the magic of the paste.
Using shampoo, wash your hair with warm water. Use conditioner as well. Air dry your hair. You can use your blow dryer at the lowest settings to dry your hair as well. And the job is done!
Method 2: You may not like to eat avocado, but it is really good for your skin and hair. Take a bowl and place the peeled ripe avocado in it keep mashing it until it is totally creamed. With that cream avocado, mix 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and make a smooth paste.
Now that the paste is ready, coat your hair with that paste from root to the tip and slowly massage it. You can use a wide toothed comb to make the job easier. Wait for about 1 hour. Wash just like the procedure in method 1. And you are done!
Method 3: This method requires egg and yogurt. In a small bowl break the egg and mix 6 tablespoons of yogurt to make the paste. Then apply the paste the same way described above. This time, wait for only 20 minutes and wash your hair as the way mentioned above.
Without healthy hair, you literally can’t style it. Forget about straightening or curling it. No more beachy waves! So, you need to fix your hair first. Doing the protein hair treatment the right way can solve the problem for you. I hope you like this article. Please don’t forget to share it with your friends and families.