Side swept bangs can make your face look longer, which is the perfect complement for women with round faces. If you have naturally curly hair, it is possible that creating the look sweep band is a little more complicated than if the hair was straight.
With the right tools, a little time and a little extra effort, naturally curly hair, as well as straight hair, can be manipulated on the side-swept by the style. Curly hair is often resistant to straight styles, but it is not impossible to see if you are willing to put on time.
So, it doesn’t matter if you have curly or straight hair, we are going to tell you the secrets to style side-swept bangs with a flat iron.
Choosing Your Bangs: How To Avoid Beauty Faux-Pas?
If you haven’t cut your hair yet, it’s time to ask the right questions. What bangs for what type of face? Which bangs to choose to give more style to my look? Can I carry the side swept bangs look?
In recent times, the side swept straight bangs are the most-trendy. It is generally worn on medium to long hair, with a slightly wavy effect.
To avoid the beauty faux pas, it is essential to adapt the fringe to its cut. If you have very wavy or frizzy hair, avoid straightening the bangs. If on the contrary, you have straight hair, prevent the bulging effect on your bangs. This will give a sophisticated and old-fashioned side to your hairstyle.
If you have slightly soft or wavy hair, side swept bangs are the right choice. However, it should be checked that the morphology of your face is well suited to this hairstyle. Do you have a round or oval face? Go for it!
How Can You Always Have Flawless Bangs?
The most important thing to sublimate your bangs and have a hairstyle always on top is to dry and style your bangs first. Indeed, we have the annoying tendency to first smooth the lengths around the nape of the neck and then gradually go up to the forehead. Bad idea!
To have a beautiful hairstyle, start by drying your bangs with a professional hairdryer and a flat brush or a round ceramic brush. To do this, direct the air towards the forehead and place your bangs from the root using the brush. You then have two styling choices: the straight side swept bangs, or the wavy side swept bangs.
If you plan to achieve a smoothing wand, smooth your bangs only with the hairdryer, and the rest of your hair with the flat iron. If, on the contrary, you have opted for a more natural and wavy hairstyle, blow-dry your hair with the diffuser, being careful not to direct the air upwards.
To obtain a slightly wavy side-fringe, always direct the air downwards, and twist the lengths of your fringe like a ribbon around the flat iron to give a little shape without accentuating the volume.
Things You Need To Style Side Swept Bangs With Flat Iron:
- Flat iron from any reputed brand like Hot Tools Flat Iron.
- Hair clips
- Wash the hair with shampoo and conditioner and a dry towel. Wet hair makes this process a little easier.
- Heat the flat iron to the right temperature for your hair. 250 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit is suitable for fine hair, 300-350 degrees F works for medium and 350-400 degrees F is better for thick hair.
- Separate the hair into sections with hair clips. Trimming hair into manageable sections makes straightening much less stressful.
- If you have curly hair, straighten your hair with the iron, from the roots and the way you work to the extremes. Try to keep your hands moving at a constant pace to ensure a uniform appearance.
- Your way of working around your head until you have straightened each section of your hair. Once your hair is straight, you can start creating side swept bangs.
- Separate the bangs from your hair and hold directly on your head.
- Apply a small amount of the cream to the roots and smooth on the hair from the root to the tip.
- Brush your bangs to remove any excess foam.
- Hold the bangs horizontally with the iron.
- Hold the iron for a few seconds. Then Slowly rotate the iron downwards. Remember to keep the flat iron away from your face. When you reach almost the end of your hair, repeat this process until you get your desired side swept style.
- Brush the bangs in the direction we want them to go and look at your hair. If the desired result has been achieved, apply some hairspray to stimulate the bangs to remain in place. If not, continue wrapping and ironing until you get to where you want to be.
- For those who want a natural effect, you can also show off the wavy fringe, which must be left to dry as it comes. To ensure the right style you can use only a few drops of hair oil to avoid frizz or choose anti-electricity styling products.
How about a video that shows it all together in easy steps? Watch it now!
Tips And Warnings
Women with side bangs have matching haircuts. You can imitate this aspect with some more creative style, but if you want it to be a regular part of your appearance, a stylist is needed to cut the hair in the right way.
Maintaining Your Side Swept Bangs
It’s no secret: bangs tend to grease faster. Indeed, permanent contact with the skin quickly soils your pretty bangs. Side swept bangs never look good on greasy hair. It has to be clean and dry with the right amount of volume.
To avoid this undesirable effect, two tips: stop running your fingers through the hair every 5 minutes and use a dry shampoo to wash your bangs between two shampoos. Your side swept bangs will thank you!